Directorate of Medical Education & Research (DMER)
NEAR CHHATRAPATI SHIVAJI TERMINUS (CST),
MUMBAI - 400 001.
Govt. of Maharashtra has been conducting Superspeciality entrance examination (MHSSET) since 1990. The merit list of this entrance examination (MH-SSET-2011) will be utilised for selection of candidates for admission to all DM & MCh Superspeciality courses at the Medical colleges/Institutions in the state of Maharashtra in the academic year 2011-2012.
MH-SSET & Procedure for Admission to DM/MCh Superspeciality Courses
MH-SSET - Superspeciality Entrance Examination for DM / MCh
1) Sale of information brochure and application forms at (GMC, Mumbai, B.J.M.C., Pune, GMC, Aurangabad, GMC, Nagpur).
: 25/05/2011 to 04/06/2011
2) Submission of application forms at (GMC, Mumbai, B.J.M.C., Pune, GMC, Aurangabad, GMC, Nagpur). :
25/05/2011 to 04/06/2011
3) Date of receiving of Admit Cards from DMER office :
4) Date of Examination : 21/06/2011 (Tuesday)
5) Centre of examination (Place - Mumbai)
: As indicated in Admit Card
6) 6. Schedule of Examination 9.15 a.m. Long bell
a) Entry in Examination Hall 9.40 a.m.
b) Distribution of answer sheets 9.50 a.m.
c) Distribution of question booklets 10.00 a.m. Long bell
d) Examination Commences 10.00 a.m.
e) Latest Entry permitted in Examination Hall (No candidate will be permitted after 10.00 a.m. under any circumstances.)
f) Examination concludes 12.30 p.m. Long bell
7. Declaration of Provision Result & Provisional Merit list : By 02/07/2011
8. Last Date of Submission of Application form for
Verification of Marks to DMER Office 05/07/2011
9. Declaration of Final Merit List : 08/07/2011
10. Issue of Marksheet from DMER office : 11/07/2011
11. Preference form filling & Counseling at Mumbai : 15/07/2011
12. Publication of list of candidates selected : 16/07/2011
13. Certificates / Documents to be brought on the day of Preference form filling &
Counseling. (Original & One set of attested Xerox copies)
(i) Admit Card & Receipt-Cum-Identity Card.
(ii) MH-SSET-2011 Marksheet.
(iii) Nationality Certificate
(iv) SSC passing certificate / Valid Passport
(v) First, Second and Third M.B.B.S, mark sheets (Part- I & Part - II wherever applicable)
(vi) Attempt Certificates of All MBBS examinations from the head of the institution. (First,
Second, Third [ Part-I, Part-II ] MBBS)
(vii) MD/MS Examination Marksheet / Grade Certificate
(viii) Attempt certificate of MD/MS or it's equivalent examinations from the head of the institution
(ix) Registration Certificate (MCI / MMC / Other State Medical Council)
(x) Certificate from Head of Institute showing that the Medical College / Institute from which the
candidate has passed Post Graduate examination is recognized by Medical Council of India
and the course is recognized by MCI.
(xi) Medical Fitness Certificate (as per Annexure – I)
14. Last date of joining the allotted college & course : 28/07/2011
15. Commencement of Academic Session : 01/08/2011
16. As per MCI guideline the last date upto which
students can be admitted against vacancies arising due to any reason : 30/09/2011
MH-SSET-2011 will be conducted at Mumbai. This examination will consist of a one question paper of 150 Multiple Choice Questions, each carrying one mark.
Duration of paper will be of 2 hours & 30 minutes. Medium of examination will be English.
Schedule of MH-SSET-2011:
No candidate will be allowed to appear for the examination unless he/she holds an Admit Card and Receipt-cum-Identity card issued by the Competent Authority.
The Entrance Examination will be conducted on Tuesday, 21st June, 2011.
Time of Examination is 10 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. The time of reporting by the candidate at the examination centre shall be 9.15 a.m. At the end of paper, candidate will hand over the OMR answer sheet and question booklet to the concerned invigilator.
All eligible candidates are required to take MH-SSET 2011 at their own cost.
For complete details visit: http://www.dmer.org