DIRECTORATE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH (DMER)
Govt. Dental College & Hospital Building,
St. George's Hospital Compound,
Mumbai - 400 001.
Tel. No. +91-22-22620361-65/22652257/59
No. DMER/MH-SSET-2011/Notification No. 2/Entrance Exam/2-A,
Government of Maharashtra will conduct a Common Entrance Test for admission to Superspeciality Courses at Government/Corporation Medical Institutions for the academic year 2011-2012. The Schedule of Entrance Examination (MH-SSET-2011) and admission process for DM/MCh Medical Postgraduate Superspeciality courses in the State of Maharashtra is as follows :
1) Sale of Information Brochure and Application Form at GMC Mumbai /BJMC Pune / GMC Aurangabad /GMC Nagpur
(DD/Pay Order of Rs. 2000/- including examination fee)
25/5/2011 to 04/06/2011
2) Submission of Application Form at GMC Mumbai /BJMC Pune / GMC Aurangabad /GMC Nagpur 25/5/2011 to 04/06/2011
3) Date of Receiving of Admit Cards from DMER Office From 14/06/2011 onwards
4) Date of Examination
(Examination center will be within Mumbai Only) * Tuesday, 21/06/2011
5) Declaration of Result & Provisional Merit List By 02/07/2011
6) Last date of submission of Application form for verification of Marks to DMER Office (DD/Pay Order of Rs. 1000/-) 05/07/2011
7) Declaration of Merit List 08/07/2011
8) Preference form filling and counseling at Mumbai Friday, 15/07/2011
9) Publication of list of candidates selected 16/07/2011
10) Joining for Academic term 01/08/2011
Joining for Academic term 01/08/2011
* Please note the change of examination date. The examination date has been changed from 19th June 2011 to 21st June 2011, due to overlapping date of other Superspeciality examinations. DD/Pay Order of Rs. 2000/- should be drawn on any Scheduled Commercial Bank in favour of "Director, Medical Education & Research, Mumbai" payable at Mumbai. Candidate should write his full name and address in block letters on the backside of DD/Pay Order.
Centers for obtaining information Brochure with Application Form & submission of Application Form in person are as follows. Candidate should go through the eligibility criteria, tentative number of available seats, preference form filling & Counseling and other relevant information which is available on the website "www.dmer.org", before purchasing the MH-SSET-2011 Brochure and Application Form.
1. Grant Medical College, Sir. J. J. Hospital Compound, Byculla, Mumbai - 400 008.
2. B. J. Medical College, Near Pune Railway Station, Pune - 411 001.
3. Government Medical College, Hanuman Nagar, Nagpur - 440 003.
4. Government Medical College, Panchakkar Road, Aurangabad - 431 001.
Candidate should bring all the original documents for verification at the time of submission of application form. Application forms will not be sent / accepted by post/courier.
The Directorate of Medical Education and Research controls and regulates the administration of 11 Government Medical colleges and Hospitals along with Urban & Rural Health centres attached to them. It also regulates 3 Government Dental colleges & Hospitals. The Directorate supervises the Medical Education i.e.Under Graduate , Post Graduate and Super Specialisation.It also co-ordinates the Research activities in Fundamental Research , Applied Research & Operational Research in the Institutions under its control and through Out-reach Services. This enables the Government to improve Health Status of the people in the society.
For details visit: http://www.dmer.org/