NERIST Entrance Exam for PG Admission
North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST) is a deemed university and conducts entrance exam for those students who want to seek admission in PG course in science and technology stream. This entrance exam is conducted on three different section NEE-1, NEE-2, NEE-3 and all three exams are for three different courses. The centers for this exam are on three different cities of North India.
Students who want to seek below mentioned course of three different sections has to appear for entrance exam:
• Base Module in Technology
• Base Module in Forestry
• Diploma IN Module Technology
• Degree in Module Forestry
• Degree in Module Technology
The eligibility criteria for the entrance exam are different for all the three sections:
• Candidate who wants to pursue diploma course in first section must 10th pass from any recognized state board with at least 55% along science and Maths as compulsory subject.
• Candidate who is appearing for final exam or waiting for the result can also apply for the test.
• Candidate who wants to seek admission in Engineering and Technology course must be 10+2 pass out from any recognized state board.
• Candidate who are 10+2 pass out in vocational studies like program in Electronics/ Refrigerator and AC/ Automobile Technology/ Computer Science or NERIST exam are eligible for Engineering and course.
• Candidate must be 10+2 passed out with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from any recognized board.
• Candidate who is passed out 10+2 from vocational course can also apply for the course.
• Candidate who is passed out from 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for the course.
• Candidate who has completed 3 years diploma course in Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Agricultural Engineering or any other mechanical course with at last 60% marks can apply for the course.
The exam pattern for NEE-1 consists of 150 marks with 125 questions in total:
• Section I- 25 questions from Physics
• Section II- 25 questions from Chemistry
• Section III: 25 question from Biology
• Section IV- 50 questions from Maths
The exam pattern for NEE-2 consists of:
• Section I with 35 question from Physics
• Section II with 35 questions from Chemistry
• Section III with 50 questions from Mathematics
• Section IV with 50 questions from Biology
Pattern for second Paper:
• Section I consists of 15 questions of Physics
• Section II consists of 5 questions from Chemistry
• Section III consists of 20 questions from Maths.
The application form for NERIST exam can be obtained from Axis Bank from certain main branches in North India with the payment of Rs750/- and send filled form to the NERIST exam registrar