Common Entrance Test (CET) Karnataka
The Karnataka Government conducts CET of state level for students who want to seek admission in first year various professional and technical course in various colleges and universities in Karnataka. KCET is conducted under the guidance of Karnataka Examination Authority Bangalore.
The eligibility criteria are different for different course that students want to go for:
• Candidate who wants to take up this course should be 10+2 pass out with Chemistry, Biology and Physics from any recognized board.
• Candidate who wants to apply for dental and medical course should bring at least 50% mark in PCB.
• Candidate must be not less than 17 yrs.
• Candidate must be passed out from 12th std with Physics, English and Maths or else also in optional subjects like Computer Science, B.Tech etc with at least 45%.
• Candidates who are appearing for final exam can also apply for the exam.
The exam pattern consists of 4 subjects from Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The exam consists of objective type questions and there will be no negative marks for wrong answers.
The entrance exam is for 2 days where on first day Maths and Biology paper and on the second day Physics and Chemistry. Each paper consists of 60 questions with 80 minutes of time.
Students who want to seek Architecture course has to appear for NATA exam.
The application form can be obtained from colleges and schools in Karnataka state with advance DD of Rs 550/- to the principle under the favor of Executive director of KCET exam. The filled form can also be sent through speed post to the director.
The application form can also be downloaded from www.kea.kar.nic.in