CBSE PMT (Pre-Medical Test) is an entrance exam that is held in All India level is also known as AIPMT and is conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Level). This exam is conducted for the intake of admission in medical/dental and bachelor degree courses in medical colleges across India.
This entrance exam is conducted in two levels: Preliminary Examination and Final Examination.
• Candidate who wants to get admission in any institute across India for dental and medical course has to appear for CBSE PMT exam, but the age limit should not be less than 17 yrs.
• Candidate must be passed out from higher secondary or equivalent to it with at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from any recognized board.
• Candidate who is currently appearing for final higher secondary exam can also apply for the test.
• Candidate is allowed only 3 times to appear for this exam not more than that.
There are two stages of exam from which in Preliminary exam:
• 200 objective type questions are being asked and have to answer in specially made machine gradable sheet.
• Questions are based on subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology from which there are 100 questions are from Biology and other 50-50 questions from other 2 two subjects.
• The exam duration is of 3 hrs.
In Final exam:
• There are 2 paper with objective type question.
• Paper one consist of Physics and Chemistry and paper two Biology, Botony and Zoology.
• Duration of the paper is of 2 hrs.
The application form for the entrance test can be obtained from the website www.cbse.nic.in or it can also be obtained from the institute office with the payment of Rs 400/-. It can also be obtained from speed post by sending DD of Rs 450/- or else from any branch of Canara Bank.