P.B.No.2900, Hosur Road,
Bangalore-560 029, INDIA
ONLINE Applications are invited on prescribed form for Admission to the following courses for the academic Year 2011 - 2012.
A) SUPERSPECIALITY COURSES
1. DM Degree in Neuroradiology 2 Seats
2. DM Degree in Neurology 8# Seats (1 for sponsored under post MD/DNB only)*
(5 for Post MD/DNB & 3 for Post MBBS)
3. DM Degree in Child &
Adolescent Psychiatry 2 Seats** (1 for Sponsored)*
4. M.Ch. in Neurosurgery 6# Seats (1 for sponsored under post MS/DNB only)*
(3 for Post MS/DNB & 3 for Post MBBS)
#No. of Seats likely to be increased.
**Subject to approval from Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India
B) Ph.D. IN CLINICAL NEUROSCIENCES (ICMR Programme)
1. Ph.D. in Clinical Neurosciences 5 Seats
C) POST DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP COURSES
1. Child & Adolescent Psychiatry 2 Seats (1 for sponsored)*
2. Neuroanaesthesia 4 Seats (2 for foreign/sponsored)*
3. Neuroinfection 2 Seats (1 for sponsored)*
4. Neurology 2 Seats (1 for sponsored)*
b) Movement Disorders
5. Neuropathology 2 Seats (1 for foreign/sponsored)*
D) DIPLOMA COURSE
1. Diploma in Clinical Neurophysiology
Technology (DCNT) 6 Seats (2 for Sponsored)*
* Sponsored candidate/s means sponsored by the State/Central Government or Public Sector undertaking of State/Central Government.
G) FEES/EMOLUMENTS/RESERVATION OF SEATS:
Please refer Prospectus/website for full details.
1. Application form for all the courses are available online at the NIMHANS website www.nimhans.kar.nic.in The applications have to be filled online and submitted online. Printout of the Application Abstract with the latest passpost size photograph affixed (in the column provided) along with the Demand Draft drawn in favour of The Director, NIMHANS, Bangalore560 029 and relevant enclosures should be sent to The Director, NIMHANS, Hosur Road, Bangalre – 560 029 by superscribing the name of the course(s) applied for on the Envelope without fail.
2. The application fee for Medical & DCNT Courses is Rs.1000/- per course for General candidates & Rs.750/- per course for SC/ST candidates.
3. Foreign Nationals are required to submit their applications through the Diplomatic Channel (through the Ministry of External Affairs). They shall also appear for the common Entrance Test along with other candidates.
4. Sponsored candidates should submit their application through proper channel and they should also appear for Common Entrance Test. The candidates should produce the sponsorship certificate in the prescribed format.
5. There will be no Entrance Test for DCNT course.
6. AGE LIMIT: For Superspeciality Courses age should not be more than 32 years for MBBS Degree holders and 35 years for PG Medical Degree holders and relaxable incase of SC/ST candidates by a maximum of 5 years as on 01.08.2011. For sponsored candidates age should not be more than 45 years as on 01.08.2011. For DCNT course, the age should be less than 30 years on the day of commencement of course i.e., 1st August 2011. Relaxation of 5 years in case of sponsored candidates.
7. Application is available online from : 9th March 2011
8. Application is available online upto : 8th April 2011
9. Last date for receipt of Application abstract by post/Courier : 13th April 2011
10. Entrance Test will be held in Bangalore on : 26th June 2011
11. Commencement of the Courses : 1st August 2011
12. Last date for admission of candidates : 8th August 2011
NIMHANS Website : http://www.nimhans.kar.nic.in
For all enquiries e-mail : email@example.com
For complete details visit: http://www.nimhans.kar.nic.in
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences is a multidisciplinary Institute for patient care and academic pursuit in the frontier area of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences. The Lunatic Asylum which came into being in the latter part of the 19th Century was renamed as Mental Hospital in 1925 by the erstwhile Government of Mysore. This hospital and All India Institute of Mental Health established in 1954 by Government of India were amalgamated on 27th December 1974, and thus was formed the autonomous National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS). The priority gradiant adopted at the Institute is service, manpower development and research. Multidisciplinary integrated approach is the mainstay of this institute, paving the way to translate the results from the bench to the bedside. On November 14, 1994, NIMHANS has been declared a Deemed University by the University Grants Commission, with academic autonomy. The Institute functions under the direction of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Karnataka. Several National and International funding organisations provide resources for research.
Tags: NIMHANS notification 2011 NIMHANS application form download eligibility criteria selection process procedure admission form download admission dates forms entrance exam entrance test examination prospectus syllabus download DM MCh courses phd diploma courses fellowships NIMHANS Admission DM MCh Phd Superspeciality courses Date details information website link url