Common Entrance Examination for Design, (CEED)
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is an all India entrance test conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay) under the guidance of HRD and Government of India. This exam is conducted to seek admission in Masters of Design (M.Des) and also Ph.D program that is offered by various IIT institutes. This test is conducted to know the students visual ability and drawing and designing skills.
• Candidates who want to seek admission to appear for CEED exam should have the bachelor’s degree in any branch of engineering, architecture or design.
• Even candidate with certificate in diploma in design NID/CEPT
• Bachelors of Fine Arts certificate
• Candidate who is waiting for the result of above mentioned exam are eligible to apply for the exam
• There is different eligibility for this course in different institute so it is important to look at the eligibility.
• No age limit for this entrance exam.
CEED exam is of the 2 parts:
Part 1: This test consist of Visual Perception and Creative Ability so to judge students imaginative and visual perception
Part 2: This test consist of written communication where students are asked English passage
Students are tested to know their visual ability and designing skills. CEED exam is of 3hrs duration.
The application procedure is only done by online through www.iitb.ac.in. The application form can be downloaded by paying DD Rs 950/- and Rs 475/ for SC/ST category under the favor of IIT Bombay. To have to get registered before downloading the application form and by the help of registration ID.