CLAT Entrance Exam
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted for undergraduate and postgraduate law programme and is an All India level exam. This exam is being conducted under the guidance of NALSAR which is located in Hyderabad. There are top 11 law colleges that consider CLAT exam result for admission. All these top colleges offer course B.A LLB and LLM.
• Candidate who wants to seek admission for Law programme has to undergo this test.
• Candidate who wants to take up undergraduate LLB program has to pass out higher secondary level exam with at least 50% from any recognized board.
• General category candidate should not be less than 20 yrs of age and for SC/ST candidate22 yrs.
• Candidate who wants to seek admission for PG programme should have LLB/B.L passing certificate from any recognized university with at least 55% marks.
• Candidate who is currently appearing for final year exam can also apply for exam.
For Undergraduate programme:
There will be 200 questions with the duration for 2 hrs. Paper is divided into 5 sections which include:
• English comprehension (40 marks)
• General Knowledge (50 marks)
• Mathematics (20 marks)
• Aptitude (45 marks)
• Logical Reasoning (45 marks)
For PG course:
• Law of Contracts
• Law of Trots
• Criminal Law
• Constitutional Law and Legal Theory
Candidates can obtained the application form from selected branches of SBI and even can be downloaded from www.clat.ac.in with the payment of Rs 2,500/- and Rs 2,000/- for SC/ST quota. DD with duly filled application form should be sent to the convenor of CLAT.