Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is an entrance test that is conducted by Management Service which is the division of All India Management Association (AIMA). This entrance test is conducted 4 times in year in the month of January, May, September and December. MAT entrance exam is usually given by students who want to pursue MBA and can get admission in reputed AICTE approved management institutes. The best thing about MAT is it is also conducted in overseas.
MAT is the most important entrance exam that the student has to appear for to get admission in any PG program in the field of management. AIMA also looks for other eligibility criteria for the program apart from entrance exam.
• The candidate must have bachelor’s degree with at least 55% from any field and from recognized university also aggregated by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
• Candidate who is currently appearing for final year exam can also apply for entrance exam. But should submit the passing certificate of degree after result or else the admission will be cancelled.
The patter of the MAT exam is not same every year. But the below mentioned pattern is same every year:
• There are 200 questions that are asked and all are multiple objective type questions. Candidate will not be getting any negative marks for wrong answers.
• The test duration is of 2 ½ hrs.
• There are 5 papers that are asked:
• Language Comprehensive (40)
• Maths Skills (40)
• Data Analysis (40)
• Intelligence and Critical Reasoning (40)
• Indian and Global Environment Section (40)
Students can obtain the application form through MAT bulletin with the payment of Rs 1200 from selected branches of Bank of Baroda or branches of AIMA centre.